Sunday, February 05, 2006

Something out of the ordinary

Im bored so I have decided to analyse a Weird Al song /////////////////////// I Lost On Jeopardy by Al Yankovic
Oh-oh-oh-oh I was there to match my intellect on national TV/Against a plumber, oh, and an architect, both with a PhD the singer obviously has a fear of manual labor/I was tense, I was nervous, I guess it just wasn't my night/Art Fleming gave the answers isnt that funny how that works... i mean how the answers are the questions and all that/Oh, but I couldn't get the questions right, -ight, -ight-ight diggy -ight da -ight da -ight diggy diggy/I lost on Jeopardy, baby (oooh) again with the ooos/I lost on Jeopardy, baby (oooh)/Well, I knew I was in trouble now/My hope of winning sank/Oh, 'cause I got the Daily Double now dont you just hate it when the goobery contestants on Jeopardy get the daily double and then in that snarky superior, im better than you voice they say "Well Alex, lets make it a true daily double" anyway/And then my mind went blank is it really possible for your mind to go blank? its really hard to not think of anything for a period of time... try it/I took Potpourri for one hundred/And then my head started to spin Potpourri makes my head spin too/Well, I'm givin' up Don Pardo That is one odd name/Just tell me now what I didn't win, yeah, yeah Why would you want to know what you didnt win?/I lost on Jeopardy, baby (oooh)/I lost on Jeopardy, baby (oooh)/That's right, Al--You lost. And let me tell you what you didn't win: a twenty volume set of the Encyclopedia International Why anyone would want that I dont know... so many books... too heavy, a case of Turtle Wax thats a prize... im all out, and a year's supply of Rice-A-Roni, the San Francisco Treat. Is that like a delicacy in San Francisco? if it is that cant be a good thing But that's not all. You also made yourself look like a jerk in front of millions of people. Can you really do that by losing on a gameshow You brought shame and disgrace to your family name for generations to come. You don't get to come back tomorrow. You don't even get a lousy copy of our home game. yeah Jeopardy's home game is probably pretty lousy... Wheel of Fourtune is really good though You're a complete loser!Don't know what I was thinkin' of guess I just wasn't too bright/Well, I sure hope I do better/Next weekend on The Price Is Right, -ight, -ight That one has a good home game version... I used to have it/I lost on Jeopardy, baby (oooh)/I lost on Jeopardy, baby (oooh)/I lost on Jeopardy, baby Well that ends my commentary! please join me later for some more profound comments that could be important! ~ your friend the crazed psycho who dances and sings with a stuffed onion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home